Once you have purchased your GoDaddy SSL certificates and your request for a certificate has been approved, you can download your SSL and intermediate certificate from within the SSL application then install it on your Apache server. Installing GoDaddy multiple SSL certificate for Apache is not that hard if you know what you’re doing or if you have sufficient information regarding the installation process.
GoDaddy has all the information you need in installing GoDaddy Multiple SSL certificate for Apache so you don’t have to worry about the installation process. Read on to find out how you can install GoDaddy Multiple SSL certificate in Apache for detailed and complete instructions.
How to Download Your SSL certificate
- After you have confirmed that your certificate request has been approved, you have to sign in to your ‘Account Manager’.
- Click ‘SSL certificates’ then hit ‘Launch’ beside the certificate that you are about to manage.
- Now select from the ‘Filters’ list the certificate that you should be downloading.
- Hit ‘Download’.
- Choose the type of server that you are going to install your certificate on.
- Press ‘Download Certificate’ and identify the location where you want to save your file.
- Hit ‘Close’.
Now that you know how you can download your certificate, you can now install it on Apache.
How to Install SSL and Intermediate Certificates
- You have to copy to your Apache your SSL certificate and the certificate bundle.
- To designate the files that you have copied onto your Apache server, you have to amend the configuration of Apache. The configuration that you have to do in the configuration file of your Apache will depend on the Apache version that you are using. The configuration will also depend on your OS platform and the method you have used in installing your Apache software.
*In Apache 1.3 – httpd.conf file.
*In Apache 2.x – ssl.conf file.
- Find the following commands. Comment out the commented files by deleting the ‘#’ sign at the start of each command.
- Specify the values of the file commands to the fixed path and name of the correct file:
- SSLCertificateFile /path/to/your/certificate/file
- SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/your/key/file
- SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/intermediate/bundle/file
- Save the configuration file first before restarting your Apache server.
The process of restarting your server will greatly depend on the OS platform that you are using. If you are unsure what process you should take to effectively restart your Apache server, you need to read Apache’s documentation or your OS vendor’s documentation. But typically you will need to run a script to halt and then resume the httpd daemon (this is often done on Unix-like platforms) or halt and then resume the Apache service (mostly done on Windows platforms).
After you have effectively restarted your Apache server, your SSL certificate should now be installed. But if you’re still having any problems, you can consult the SSL Installation Tool for more instructions. You can also contact GoDaddy’s 24/7 support team for further questions regarding your SSL certification installation on your Apache server.