How To Install A Thawte SSL Certificate In VMware Zimbra
Installing a Thawte SSL certificate in VMware Zimbra can really be a hassle if you don’t follow the proper steps provided. In order to spare you that ordeal, here are several things you need to know on how to install a Thawte SSL certificate in VMware Zimbra.
When you’re already logged into your Zimbra account, go to the Tools tab. Click on the Certificates tab under it and then you’ll be given the different options for you to choose from. Click on Manage Certificates. At the right side of your screen, you’ll be given a view of the different certificates you’ve already installed. You also get to see a tab for installing new certificate.
Under the Install Certificate tab, you are given several things to answer. Answer them according to the details you have. You can also generate several CSRs, you need to know that the system currently doesn’t support more than one generated CSR. Therefore, if you want more than one CSR generated, you need to move both the CSR and its private key from the directory it comes from before starting another one.
You also need to be reminded that you have to maintain the validity all your certificates. Check these things from time to time to know about their expiration periods. This will allow you to maintain valid certificates all the time.
For ZCS 7.0.x, 6.0.x, and 5.0.x; here are several installation guides for you to follow:
- Single-Node Certificate
- Begin this one by making new Certificate Authority.
- Make a certificate that is confirmed by the Certificate Authority valid for 365 days.
- Deploy your certificate.
- Set out also your Certificate Authority.
- Verify that both certificates have been deployed to all the different services.
- Multi-Node Certificate
- Generate your new Certificate Authority.
- Make a certificate that is confirmed by the Certificate Authority valid for about 365 days using either alternative names or wild card names.
- Deploy the new certificate to all the different nodes.
- Verify that your certificate has been deployed to all the different nodes.
- Generate CSR.
- Submit the new CSR to your SSL provider and take hold of a commercial certificate with the format of PEM. Save this new document in your temporary files.
- Download your root Certificate Authority and then save it to your temporary files folder as well.
- Download also all other Certificate Authority files into your temporary files.
- Combine your root CA with all other CAs you’ve downloaded. Save them again into your temporary files folder.
- Verify the commercial certificate.
- Set out the commercial certificate.
- Verify the deployment.
If you have ZCS 4.5.x, there are CLI prompts you need to use. Installing a new certificate for this will require you to stop and then restart your Tomcat. This will allow everything to start taking effect.
Now you know how to install a Thawte SSL certificate in VMware Zimbra, you know that it doesn’t need to be too difficult. You just have to follow the different prompts provided for you.